Sweepstakes Marketing Attorneys in NYC
Sweepstakes are just one form of promotional marketing. The challenge to carrying out an effective sweepstakes that doesn't expose your company to legal risk is to understand the complex web of state, federal, and international regulations that apply to your particular type of sweepstakes.
At Olshan we help clients steer clear of the pitfalls that can cost both money and customer goodwill. We work with advertisers and agencies to develop legal rules for local, national and international sweepstakes for clients ranging from Fortune 100 corporations to independent entrepreneurs. We also assist other law firms in servicing their clients.
An Industry Wide Reputation for Results
Our firm has built an industry-wide reputation over the years due to our extensive involvement with professional associations in the field, our commitment to quality legal representation our educational outreach (see our homepage for a listing of upcoming Webinars and speaking events), and our sweepstakes Web site: sweepstakeslaw.com.
Our work has benefited many in the promotional marketing industry. The Advertising, Marketing & Promotions attorneys helped broker a landmark multi-state settlement agreement that set new standards for charitable sweepstakes solicitations. The result? A win for all charitable companies using sweepstakes, as proactive marketing guidelines were approved that should decrease the potential for future litigation and uncertainty.
If your company is considering a sweepstakes, a contest, or any other type of promotional marketing campaign, contact our New York or New Jersey law office to speak directly with an experienced sweepstakes lawyer.
We Know Sweepstakes Inside and Out
Our sweepstakes attorneys have worked on a wide range of sweepstakes, including:
- Register-to-win prizes to promote cable, phone and Internet services
- A turn-a-key-to-win car event at a major festival
- Mobile marketing SMS and Premium SMS (PSMS) sweepstakes promotions
- Fast 50 promotions for major national direct marketing company
- Interactive game promotions with instant win components along with drawings for major prizes
When you work with Olshan, we will help ensure the structural integrity of your campaign to comply with state and federal registration, advertising regulations, and bonding requirements. We are available to:
- Analyze the structure of your sweepstakes
- Advise on alternative methods of entry and equal dignity
- Review promotional marketing advertising copy
- Draft sweepstakes rules and disclosures, terms and conditions
- Review and advise on privacy and data collection concerns
- Prepare winner affidavits and releases and submit winners list to appropriate governmental entities
- Handle legal issues relating to sponsorship and licensing contracts
- Draft prize fulfillment agreements
Value-Oriented Legal Services, Olshan offers clients payment options: an hourly rate, a fixed project-based fee, or a retainer relationship. Whichever method you choose, you are guaranteed access to an experienced attorney who knows your business inside and out.
For legal guidance on your sweepstakes promotion, contact the Advertising, Marketing & Promotions Group at (212) 451-2258 or (212) 451-2306.
To learn more about promotions and contests